1. S. Johnstone

2. D. Furlong

27. D. O’Shea

5. K. Bartley

14. C. Townsend

6. S. Ajayi

8. J. Livermore

11. G. Diangana

19. R. Sawyers

12. Matheus Pereira

7. C. Robinson

25. D. Button

24. C. Kipre

21. K. Edwards

28. S. Field

10. M. Phillips

16. R. Harper

4. H. Robson-Kanu

Chelsea were distinctly second-best at home to the champions Liverpool last weekend. Lampard pointed out that it might have been a draw had Jorginho scored a penalty and goalkeeper Kepa Arrizalaga not made a costly error – however, his side offered little threat going forward throughout and Liverpool dominated throughout, especially after Andreas Christiansen’s first-half dismissal.

Experienced Brazilian defender Thiago Silva could come in place of the suspended Christiansen here for his Premier League debut, having impressed on his debut in midweek (6-0 over Barnsley) while new signing Edouard Mendy is expected to come straight in between the sticks after Kepa’s recent errors. 

Marquee signing Kai Havertz also enjoyed himself in midweek, getting off the mark for the Blues with a well-taken hat-trick against the Tykes. The German rising star is priced at 6/1 to open the scoring here, boosted from 5/1 as part of Paddy Power’s ‘Power Price’ promotion. 

West Brom have endured something of a baptism of fire on their return to the Premier League after a two-year absence. Slaven Bilic’s Baggies didn’t get off to a good start with a 3-0 home defeat to Leicester on the opening weekend and looked all at sea in a 5-2 defeat at Everton last Saturday.

The visitors will also be without experienced full-back Kieran Gibbs here, after he was dismissed with a straight red card at Goodison Park.

Chelsea have done the league double over West Brom in their last two seasons in the top flight together, with an aggregate scoreline of 7-0 back in the 2017/18 campaign. They’ve also won on each of their last three visits to the Hawthorns. 

We recommend backing a comfortable Chelsea win here, but they rarely keep clean sheets, having failed to do so in both Premier League outings so far. But given their firepower and their confidence-boosting big midweek win, we expect them to score plenty against a porous-looking Baggies backline that have conceded eight goals so far – the most of any side in the division. 

yormedia

There is a 24.8% chance of a draw. In simulations where the game is not a draw Chelsea, at 57.8%, are heavy favorites to beat West Bromwich Albion who have just a 17.4% chance to win at home. Overall, the average simulation score is Chelsea 1.8 to West Bromwich Albion 0.9. In simulation wins, West Bromwich Albion upsets Chelsea by averaging 7.9 shots and 3.1 shots on goal. They average 2.0 goals in simulated victories vs just 0.5 in simulation losses.

Bet Here

Bet Here

Bet Here

Bet Here

Bet Here

Bet Here

1. S. Johnstone

2. D. Furlong

27. D. O’Shea

5. K. Bartley

14. C. Townsend

6. S. Ajayi

8. J. Livermore

11. G. Diangana

19. R. Sawyers

12. Matheus Pereira

7. C. Robinson

25. D. Button

24. C. Kipre

21. K. Edwards

28. S. Field

10. M. Phillips

16. R. Harper

4. H. Robson-Kanu

13. W. Caballero

4. A. Christensen

3. Marcos Alonso

24. R. James

6. Thiago Silva

7. N. Kanté

17. M. Kovačić

19. M. Mount

29. K. Havertz

9. T. Abraham

11. T. Werner

1. Kepa

14. F. Tomori

28. Azpilicueta

8. R. Barkley

5. Jorginho

20. C. Hudson-Odoi

18. O. Giroud

Tammy Abraham’s last-gasp goal capped Chelsea’s stunning second-half fightback as they recovered from 3-0 down to claim a point at West Brom.

The Blues’ defensive frailties had been laid bare in the first half as Callum Robinson was gifted a brace by mistakes from Marcos Alonso and Thiago Silva.

Timo Werner hit the bar when they only trailed 1-0 and, while it was another embarrassing display at the back, Chelsea can take solace in their comeback.

Albion missed out on their first Premier League win of the season having lost heavily to Leicester and Everton.

Willy Caballero replaced the dropped Kepa Arrizabalaga but Chelsea’s defensive problems continued as they fell behind after just four minutes.

Alonso cheaply lost possession to Matheus Pereira and he burst forward to find Robinson who drilled in a fine low drive into the corner.

Lampard has overseen just one away clean sheet in 21 Premier League games and will hope new goalkeeper Edouard Mendy, after his arrival from Rennes, will help to solve their problems.

Sam Johnstone parried Kai Havertz’s 20-yard effort and Abraham fired wide from close range as the visitors tried to respond.

Abraham should have done better and Werner went closer after 15 minutes when he clipped the bar from Mount’s cross.

But any hopes of an instant recovery were ended by more defensive howlers as the Baggies scored twice in three minutes.

First, under no pressure, Silva allowed the ball to run under his foot and Robinson went through to finish past Caballero.

It quickly got worse for the visitors after 28 minutes when Darnell Furlong headed Pereira’s corner to the unmarked Bartley to volley in from close range.

Even with their attacking riches there seemed no way back for Chelsea and Grady Diangana had the chance to make it 4-0 just before half-time but shot over from 18 yards.

Chelsea emerged with greater urgency and they began their comeback 10 minutes after the restart when Mount spun away 25 yards out and fired into the bottom corner past a static Johnstone.

The goalkeeper turned Havertz’s deflected effort wide immediately afterwards and resilient Albion tried to hold firm until Hudson-Odoi made it 3-2 with 20 minutes left.

The substitute swapped passes with Havertz to send him into the area and he confidently stroked across Johnstone.

Romaine Sawyers shot wide for Albion but they could not survive another late onslaught and Abraham rescued Chelsea in injury time when he tapped in after Johnstone parried Mount’s shot.

yormedia

13. W. Caballero

4. A. Christensen

3. Marcos Alonso

24. R. James

6. Thiago Silva

7. N. Kanté

17. M. Kovačić

19. M. Mount

29. K. Havertz

9. T. Abraham

11. T. Werner

1. Kepa

14. F. Tomori

28. Azpilicueta

8. R. Barkley

5. Jorginho

20. C. Hudson-Odoi

18. O. Giroud

Source: https://livescore.football365.com/england-premier-league-west-bromwich-albion-vs-chelsea/26-09-2020/1287912#new_tab

News – West Bromwich Albion 3 – 3 Chelsea – Match Report for England – Premier League, September 26, 2020 | Football365