Victoria has recorded three new cases of COVID-19, including a young girl who returned to Melbourne from Sydney after catching the virus on northern beaches

Health Secretary Martin Foley said the Victorian who contracted the virus in Sydney was a 15-year-old girl from Melbourne’s Moonee Valley government district who died on Jan. Traveled home across the street from Sydney on December 20 and on December 20 She is quarantined at her family’s home, he said

Mr Foley originally said the couple were born on Jan. Traveled to Victoria December but was corrected later in the day by the Victorian and NSW health departments

“The young person was traveling home from Sydney with his parents,” he said “They isolated themselves when they returned to Victoria and being aware of the situation in Sydney the young person looked for tests”

All of the family’s close contacts have been interviewed and the Department of Health is conducting secondary close contacts and rapid response testing, he said

“Because the family has been isolated at home, no exposure sites are known in Victoria at this point,” he said

According to NSW authorities, the family stopped at Oliver’s Real Food Outlet in Gundagai, north of the NSW border, before crossing to Victoria

“We worked with our NSW colleagues who have now listed this location as an exposure site in NSW, but no exposure sites have been identified in Victoria at this point,” Foley said

The family was visiting a family on the northern beaches, and the teen may have been exposed to the virus in several high-risk locations listed by the NSW government

“The Avalon RSL, the Avalon Bowling Club, the Fish & listed chip store quite a few,” said Mr Foley

“There are currently no exposure sites If this changes, we will provide further updates. Anyone who has returned from Northern Beaches, Greater Sydney, or the Central Coast must be tested and quarantined for 14 days

The wider Victorian community will stay on Nov. Virus free for days in a row

When Victoria tightened its borders with NSW, 17 people, including a family of five, were placed in hotel quarantine after arriving from flights from Sydney

“That’s 17 people who don’t spend Christmas and New Years as planned, but rather under quarantine conditions in the hotel,” said Foley

“So my message to anyone trying to enter Victoria from New South Wales is – not you will not get in and if you do you will be in hotel quarantine for Christmas and New Years”

According to Victoria’s COVID test program commander, Jeroen Weimar, there are 300 people in Victoria whom the authorities are sure to know to have visited exposure sites in NSW

“300 people in Victoria being tested, who are in isolation, who work with our liaison and health peers They are supported We anticipate more of these returning Victorians from yesterday to be tested and contact us in the days ahead that this number will go up, “he said

Mr Weimar said it was 21000 people from 11 until 19 December came out of red zones

“Mainly by air because we obviously all have flight manifests. Everyone who has traveled by plane from Sydney Airport has received repeated text messages encouraging them to get tested,” he said

“We will continue to make sure we are in contact with all of these people to make sure they are tested. Until we see their negative test results come through, we will follow up”

Mr. Foley said none of the 4,000 people from high risk areas of NSW who had been tested since the weekend had tested positive

The results come from more than 15000 tests in Victoria on Monday There are now 11 active cases in the state, all in quarantine

Mr Weimar said the positive case related to the NSW cluster made it clear why everyone who has been since 11 Has returned from Sydney December, must be tested immediately

“If you have been living in Sydney since April 11th Have not been tested in December, you need to get tested today, “he said

The Avalon cluster, which caused Victoria to resume border controls with NSW, grew by 15 cases on Monday to a total of 83

The Victorians in Sydney and on the Central Coast had until midnight last night to cross the Victorian border to return home without having to undergo a 14-day hotel quarantine

Those who made it home last night must be tested within 24 hours of their return to Victoria and self-quarantine at home for 14 days after they last left the “red zone”, according to the Department of Health >

Non-Victorian residents who have been living since the 11th Staying in the Greater Sydney or Central Coast region on December 31st are not allowed to enter Victoria at all.If they violate this ordinance, they must participate in Victoria’s Hotel Quarantine Program for 14 days

As of today, no one from the “hot zones” – with or without a Victorian residence – will be allowed to enter Victoria without undergoing a hotel quarantine for two weeks

The three new cases come after Prime Minister Daniel Andrews announced on Monday that all recommendations from the damning final report would be included in the state’s hotel quarantine program

There have been more than 20 in Victoria since January000 cases of COVID-19, and 820 people have died

Stay informed of the news you need to know related to the pandemic, sent Monday and Thursday Sign up here

Victoria COVID cases

World News – AU – A Victorian has returned from Sydney’s northern beaches with COVID-19

Source: https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/victoria-records-three-new-coronavirus-cases-in-hotel-quarantine-20201222-p56pg2.html