Nova Scotia officials announced a series of new restrictions when they reported 10 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday

According to the province, nine of the new cases are in the central zone – five are in close contact with previously reported cases and three are being investigated

The other case concerns travel outside of Atlantic Canada One case is in the Eastern Zone and relates to travel outside of Atlantic Canada

Prime Minister Ian Rankin announced new restrictions on the Halifax area at a COVID-19 briefing on Friday as the province continues to see steady increases in some cases

Restrictions return from 8 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 27 and on until 23:59 pm on Friday the 26th March

Rankin said the restrictions include that restaurants and bars stop serving at 9 p.m. and around 10 p.m.

Nova Scotians have also been asked to avoid all non-essential travel, particularly to and from restricted areas in HRM, Hants, and Lunenburg counties

He said they are moving faster than they did in December to fix this outbreak as he wants to avoid the situation Newfoundland was in

The province said nursing home residents only receive visits from their designated carers and can only leave for medical appointments or a drive

“We were hoping we would not go back to the situation where these restrictions are necessary We understand they are disruptive, but they are absolutely essential to contain the spread of COVID-19,” said Dr Strange

“Everyone must act with the same caution they did last spring when the virus first arrived in Nova Scotia. Everyone must be tested, even if they have just a mild symptom,” he added

Given the new restrictions, the province stated that the general indoor and outdoor meeting limit is 10 A fine may be imposed if people fail to meet the meeting limit.The fine is 1$ 000 for each person in an illegal gathering

To protect Nova Scotia’s borders, additional testing is being conducted for some groups that travel regularly, the province

said

From Monday 1st March, three COVID-19 tests are required for rotation workers, skilled workers, and parents and children whose custody visits include travel outside of Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Island

Due to a technical issue resulting in incomplete data, the province said the COVID-19 dashboard was not updated on Friday

As a result, the number of active cases, resolved cases and immunization dates have not yet been made available

“The dashboard will be updated as soon as all information is available,” said the province in a press release

The new restrictions came after an NSLC spokesman confirmed a case of the virus at its distribution center in Halifax

Beverley Ware said the company closed the building on Chain Lake Drive late Thursday for a thorough cleaning and disinfection process in response to the confirmed case of the virus

She said the company had 30 employees per shift in the distribution center and 280 in the head office, though not all at once

“A row is out and about or takes turns working from home,” said Ware of employees

She also noted that the distribution center normally closes from 3pm on Saturday until 7am on Monday, so “this has minimal impact on our business”

“We are waiting for the public health instruction on what they are asking of us and we stand ready to do all we can to keep our employees safe,” she said

Ware said the confirmed case and the closure of the building would not disrupt business for customers

“A safety stock of inventory is built into our stores, so we don’t expect any disruptions at the moment,” she said

Nova Scotia COVID

World News – CA – Nova Scotia Announces Tighter Restrictions After 10 New COVID-19 Cases

Source: https://globalnews.ca/news/7664733/tougher-restrictions-after-10-new-covid-19-cases/